What Bicycling for Louisville Does
We passed an ordinance allowing tandem bicycles and “trail-a-bikes” to operate on streets - LMCO 74.01 B
Bicycling for Louisville's professional staff is uniquely positioned to champion the interests of all cyclists. Browse our ongoing advocacy efforts. Past accomplishments include:
- Advocating for more and better bicycle facilities - traffic calming, neighborhood greenways, multi use trails, bike lanes, road diets, speed tables, and modern roundabouts.
- Bike Month 2010
- Commuter Challenge 2010
- Introducing a roadway safety bill to the Kentucky legislature
- Helped develop Louisville's Complete Streets Policy 2008
- Helped develop Louisville's Bicycling Master Plan 2010
- Ran bicycle advocacy trainings in cooperation with the Alliance for Biking and Walking
- Developing and running a successful Valet Bike Parking program for major civic events
- Shifting local perception of “bicycle” from “toy” to “transportation”
We have educated over a hundred "bicycle superheroes" through the League of American Bicyclists Traffic Skills 101 curriculum
- Training dozens of League Cycling Instructors in cooperation with the League of American Bicyclists
- Staffing the Wayside Bike Shop, which teaches people how to keep their bicycles in safe working order
Research & Advising
Browse our ongoing efforts.
Bicycling for Louisville can park 1000 bicycles in the space of 50 cars.
When parking spaces are a problem, encourage people to come on bikes - 20 bikes take the space of 1 car. Bicycling for Louisville can run this service for your next event.
- Valet Bike Parking
- Bike Rack Rentals
Contact us for rate information.